Timani weekend course in Oslo
"I have worked with many good therapists, but I have to say that the knowledge that I experienced that Tina has within this field, is very special, in relation to us musicians. It’s a whole other awareness when it comes to exactly what we need."..."I am really happy that I came to something as specialized as this." Leif Ove Andsnes - from an interview about musicians' health at Steinway Gallery, Oslo 2019
Time Saturday and Sunday: 10.00 - 17.00, Oslo, Norway
Price: kr 2500,- includes 1 x 30 minute follow up session with Tina.
Taught by: Tina Margareta Nilssen - creator of Timani and CEO of the Musicians’ Health and Movement Institute
Language: The course will be taught in English
About the course: In this course you will be presented with fundamental and scientifically founded theory about the body and how this applies to you as a musician. You will get practical exercises, and also learn how to integrate the exercises into your playing in an easy way.
The essentials of Timani: Singing and playing an instrument requires complex, coordinated and refined use of more than 600 muscles in your body. Timani helps you to understand your own anatomy and the relationship between your brain, body and instrument or voice. It is designed to improve the way you stand, sit, breathe and move through individually customised exercises, with benefits for:
- Coordination – understanding the coordination needed to sing or play your instrument
- Health – changing how you use your body to minimise the risk of performance-related injury or pain caused by compensatory muscular patterns or misalignment
- Musicality – enhancing technique, sound, better timing and more natural phrasing
- Confidence – understanding the relationship between body and mind brings positive psychological effects and improves focus, in the practice room and on stage
- Potential – reaching your full potential as a musician by gaining tools that will enable you to express yourself without unnecessary physical limitations
Practicals: The course will be filmed for educational purposes for Timani certification students, and made available for the public. Therefore there is a 1000 kroner discount on this course as Tina's courses are normally 3500 kroner.
Covid - 19 info: Because of Corona, we will be minimum/maximum 5 participants in this course. You will bring your own food, drinking bottle and other equipment. There will be space to keep distance in the course, and we will follow all rules from the government during the two days.
To sign up please email: firstname.lastname@example.org