WORKSHOP IN TIMANI
SHOULDERS AND NECK - STABILITY, EASE AND BREATH
Saturday 26th of August
11 - 15
SHOULDERS AND NECK
Most musicians experience tension or pain in the shoulders, neck and arms. We are told to "lower our shoulders", to "relax", or to pull our shoulders back. Most of these instructions are based on copying how something looks from the outside. However, when playing an instrument we are more interested in how something functions. In this workshop you will learn about the anatomy and functioning of the shoulders. About which muscles that needs to be working and which who needs to relax in order to have a natural and healthy technique.
This 4 hour workshop includes
- how the muscles in the shoulder can affect your sound.
- how the muscles of the shoulder can affect your breathing.
- exercises to enhance coordination in the shoulders
- how the rest of the body can help in relieving the shoulders of some of their work
- how the position of the scapula or shoulder blade is decisive in order to have a stable foundation and thereby a free arm.
€60 / DKK446 pr workshop
€90/DKK670 for both workshops combined : Sitting (25.08.17) and Shoulders and neck (26.08.17)