WELCOME TO A TIMANI INTRODUCTORY COURSE
23rd - 24th November, 2019
PLACE: Oslo, Norway
Miriam Hlavaty, pianist, Timani teacher and Nutritious Movement practitioner.
Vilde Sandve Alnæs, violinist and Timani teacher
Have you ever thought about what’s actually going on inside your body when you play or sing? In Timani we specialise in precisely that.
Timani is a unique supplement to traditional teaching methods and offers specific guidance on where you have more to gain from how you use your body.
As musicians, we are completely dependent on the coordination skills of our body. The interplay of muscular use is really complex, and it is therefore useful to have specific knowledge about what is going on when we play and sing. Timani can help musicians and teachers to develop a deeper understanding of the body and its function while playing and singing, based on anatomy and science.
When improving your coordination, you will discover that the music flows easier through your instrument. At the same time, you will use your body in a more healthy way that can prevent injuries and give a feeling of safety and ease while playing.
During the weekend you will learn:
• Relevant anatomy, neurology and basic biomechanics – essential for all musicians.
• What to look and listen for in your student and in your own playing for optimal growth.
• Physical exercises that enhance your coordination.
• How to strengthen your body while playing/singing, instead of wearing it down.
• Techniques to be more present when practising or playing a concert.
• The foundation of good technique, sound, power and relaxation.
You will get a toolbox of exercises that enhances your coordination and the opportunity to try them out directly on your instrument. In order to get a deeper understanding, you will also learn to observe and analyse others.
”Timani offers a great revelation of how to use the body in the most efficient way for musicians. It is both very theoretical and anatomical, and very practical in a natural and personal way.”
– Hallfridur Olafsdottir, principal flute player in Island Symphony Orchestra
Saturday and Sunday: 10 am - 5 pm
NOK 2500/1800 (regular/student), this includes one follow-up lesson and the Timani Manual. If you have already attended the course once before you can repeat the weekend for 750 NOK.
You can register through this form: CLICK HERE
If you have any questions, please send an email to: email@example.com
For more information regarding Timani, please visit musicianshealthandmovement.com