WORKSHOP IN TIMANI
THEME: SITTING - BALANCE, STABILITY, SUPPORT AND FLOW
The workshop will be held in English
In this workshop you will learn about how to use your sitting in a way that can be supportive rather than straining for your body while playing. You will also learn how to use your sitting actively to support and enhance your musical intention and expression.
What does it mean to "sit well"? When we sit, our pelvis is the foundation upon that which the rest of our body is balancing. Therefore, how we position it and how we use the different muscles around it, affects the functionality of our upper body, shoulders, arms and fingers.
There are a lot of myths regarding what it means to sit correctly. We are told to sit up straight, to sit in a relaxed way, to feel ourselves grounded. In this workshop you will be given a much clearer understanding of how to sit in a way which gives your body the best working conditions for playing your instrument.
This 4 hours workshop includes:
- Which muscles that needs to be active and which needs to relax in order to have a solid foundation for the rest of your body.
- How the way you sit affects your breath.
- How the way you sit affects the mobility of your shoulders.
- What type of chairs are best suited for a musician.
- How the way you are sitting could be a contributing factor if you are experiencing some reoccurring, tensional problems in your back, neck, shoulders and arms.
€60 / DKK446 pr workshop
€90/DKK670 for both workshops combined : Sitting (25.08.17) and Shoulders and neck (26.08.17)