13th - 15th September, 2019
Einar Fagerheim and Miriam Martins Hlavaty
As musicians we are completely dependent on the coordination skills of our body. The interplay of muscular use is really complex, and it is therefore useful to have specific knowledge about what is actually going on when we play and sing. This is where Timani comes in as a unique supplement to traditional teaching methods. Timani can help musicians and teachers to develop a deep understanding of the body and its function while playing and singing, based on anatomy and science.
In this course you will get:
- A clear overview of technique, sound, power and relaxation.
- Theoretical knowledge about relevant anatomy that every musician should know
- Physical exercises to enhance coordination and to promote new discoveries of your physical potential through waking up new muscles.
- Practical application of the new skills as you are playing your instrument
- Observation and analysis of others for a deeper understanding
- Inspiration to develop further as a musician while developing mastery of your body-brain connection
2500/1800 NOK (full and student prices)
This price also includes an individual Timani lesson
Markveien 16, 4307 Sandnes
"Timani can not just solve physical problems, but it can also help you to really get out your musical expression; so that it flows through you, just as you dreamt of in the time you chose to become a musician."
– Dagny Bakken, co-principal 2nd violin in the Oslo Philharmonic Orchestra
”Timani offers a great revelation of how to use the body in the most efficient way for musicians. It is both very theoretical and anatomical, and very practical in a natural and personal way.”
– Hallfridur Olafsdottir, principal flute player in Island Symphony Orchestra