Breathing and support
”Timani offers a great revelation of how to use the body in the most efficient way for musicians. It is both very theoretical and anatomical, and very practical in a natural and personal way.” Hallfridur Olafsdottir, solo flutist in the Iceland Symphony Orchestra
Time: 18-21 - Oslo/Norway time zone, Sept 28th 2020
Price: kr. 500/EUR 50 (members of the Timani Community online course can join for free!)
Taught by: Tina Margareta Nilssen - creator of Timani and CEO of the Musicians’ Health and Movement Institute
To sign up email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Language: The course will be taught in English
About the course: In this course you will learn anatomy and exercises for breathing and support that is relevant for singers and all instrumentalists. We will talk about the role of the fascia – which is the tissue in the body that connects all organs, muscles and bones. And the role of biotensegrity – a new concept about how tension is distributed in the body to hold us up and move us dynamically.
You will learn the main muscles for inhalation and expiration and how posture affects the function of these muscles. It will be a dense course when it comes to information, but it will be filmed so you can watch it as many times as you like afterwards.
The essentials of Timani: Singing and playing an instrument requires complex, coordinated and refined use of more than 600 muscles in your body. Timani helps you to understand your own anatomy and the relationship between your brain, body and instrument or voice. It is designed to improve the way you stand, sit, breathe and move through individually customised exercises, with benefits for:
- Coordination – understanding the coordination needed to sing or play your instrument
- Health – changing how you use your body to minimise the risk of performance-related injury or pain caused by compensatory muscular patterns or misalignment
- Musicality – enhancing technique, sound, better timing and more natural phrasing
- Confidence – understanding the relationship between body and mind brings positive psychological effects and improves focus, in the practice room and on stage
- Potential – reaching your full potential as a musician by gaining tools that will enable you to express yourself without unnecessary physical limitations
Practicals: The course will be filmed for educational purposes for Timani certification students and made available for the public.
To sign up please email: email@example.com