Sitting and standing alignment/posture online course
“Timani provides a whole new awareness when it comes to exactly what we need with regard to the requirements of musicians. I am happy that I found something as specialized as this.”
- Leif Ove Andsnes, from an interview about musicians' health in 2019
Time: 18-21 - Oslo/Norway time zone, Sept 30th 2020
Price: kr. 500/EUR 50 (members of the Timani Community online course can join for free!)
Taught by: Tina Margareta Nilssen - creator of Timani and CEO of the Musicians’ Health and Movement Institute
To sign up email: email@example.com
Language: The course will be taught in English
About the course: One should think that sitting and standing well is easy. But in fact, there are many muscles involved in this, creating complex interplay in the muscles we need as musicians. For a musician it is not enough to simply have a good looking position. How the muscles coordinate decides their function internally, and this is essential for musicians so that we know exactly where to get the right support, stability and also flexibility as we sit and stand.
In this course you will learn where you can get your resources physically when sitting and standing. We will cover some anatomy and also exercises that you can start using immediately.
The essentials of Timani: Singing and playing an instrument requires complex, coordinated and refined use of more than 600 muscles in your body. Timani helps you to understand your own anatomy and the relationship between your brain, body and instrument or voice. It is designed to improve the way you stand, sit, breathe and move through individually customised exercises, with benefits for:
- Coordination – understanding the coordination needed to sing or play your instrument
- Health – changing how you use your body to minimise the risk of performance-related injury or pain caused by compensatory muscular patterns or misalignment
- Musicality – enhancing technique, sound, better timing and more natural phrasing
- Confidence – understanding the relationship between body and mind brings positive psychological effects and improves focus, in the practice room and on stage
- Potential – reaching your full potential as a musician by gaining tools that will enable you to express yourself without unnecessary physical limitations
Practicals: The course will be filmed for educational purposes for Timani certification students and made available for the public.
To sign up please email: firstname.lastname@example.org