Shoulders and neck
I highly recommend Timani! It gives clarity in why we do what we do. And it gives us tools to access our natural way of moving. Stine Aarønes, 1st violinist, Norwegian Radio Orchestra
Time: 18-21 - Oslo/Norway time zone, Sept 29th 2020
Price: kr. 500/EUR 50 (members of the Timani Community online course can join for free!)
Taught by: Tina Margareta Nilssen - creator of Timani and CEO of the Musicians’ Health and Movement Institute
To sign up email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Language: The course will be taught in English
About the course: In this course you will learn anatomy and exercises that are relevant for understanding different aspects of how to use the shoulders and neck. Many musicians suffer from pain in this area, so extra clarity is sometimes needed to know what muscles we should be using, and what muscles to relax.
Bring an elastic band or elastic scarf, and some weights (this could be a water bottle filled with sand) so that we can get some extra benefits from training the playing and singing related muscles of the shoulder.
The essentials of Timani: Singing and playing an instrument requires complex, coordinated and refined use of more than 600 muscles in your body. Timani helps you to understand your own anatomy and the relationship between your brain, body and instrument or voice. It is designed to improve the way you stand, sit, breathe and move through individually customised exercises, with benefits for:
- Coordination – understanding the coordination needed to sing or play your instrument
- Health – changing how you use your body to minimise the risk of performance-related injury or pain caused by compensatory muscular patterns or misalignment
- Musicality – enhancing technique, sound, better timing and more natural phrasing
- Confidence – understanding the relationship between body and mind brings positive psychological effects and improves focus, in the practice room and on stage
- Potential – reaching your full potential as a musician by gaining tools that will enable you to express yourself without unnecessary physical limitations
Practicals: The course will be filmed for educational purposes for Timani certification students and made available for the public.
To sign up please email: email@example.com