Timani introductory course for musicians
Date: 26 - 28 January 2018
Place: DKDM, Copenhagen, Denmark
The course will be held in English.
Miriam Hlavaty (thelisteningexperience.com)
Oda Mathilde (odamathilde.com)
During the weekend you will learn, among other things:
- Anatomy and physiology essential for musicians.
- Optimal coordination in your body, hands and feet (!) for playing an instrument or sing.
- How to use the way you are sitting and standing to support and create that beautiful sound you’ve always longed for.
- The truth about shoulders – what muscles should relax (as people keep telling us), and what muscles actually NEED to be active in order to play an instrument to avoid injury.
- The anatomy of breathing and support and the physiological requirements for having a "natural" breath.
- Physical and mental techniques for getting more awareness and presence during playing and performance.
- Learn to analyze your movement (and others) while playing in order to discover possible reasons for returning tension or strain injuries.
We will go through a lot of exercises that enhances your coordination and you will get the opportunity to try things out on your instrument. In order to get a deeper understanding you will also learn to observe and analyse others.
Friday: 18 - 21. saturday: 12.30 - 18.30. sunday 11 - 17
DKK 1900/1300 (regular/student), this includes one follow-up lesson and the Timani Manual.
Discounts! if you have attended one of the 5-hour workshops or the Sitting/Shoulders-theme-
If you have attended a full weekend course earlier you can repeat the course for DKK 600,- (Please note that the follow-up lesson is then not included in the price.)
Special discount for DKDM-students: DKK 990,-
For further information or to secure your place, please contact Miriam at firstname.lastname@example.org